Monday, December 17, 2018

Pad Thai Noodle


Went to Pad Thai Noodle on Everett Road with my best buddy, Fussy Little Blog proprietor Daniel B. to grab some face melting spicy hot Thai food for lunch. Pad Thai has a teeny tiny shared parking lot in the front, and a slightly larger place to park in the back. There are a few tables inside to seat about 15 or so people.

We started off with Papaya Salad ($9) because I freaking love papaya salad and will order it any time I see it on the menu. This was a little on the small side - the plate was small, and almost half of it was iceberg lettuce. We ordered this at the hottest level, and it did not disappoint.



Next up was an order of Soft Shell Crab ($10.00), which was fried to perfection and a great foil to the heat from the papaya salad. I could eat a basket of these.


The Boat Noodle Soup caught Dan's eye, and I'd been getting over the Cold from Heck and had been jonesing for a bowl of comfort, and this provided just that. Well, until we got about 2/3rds of the way through and the hottest spice level became too much for me and all I could feel was burning and pain. But before that I tasted a wonderfully rich broth, and some of the most tender slices of pork I'd ever had before. I'd order this again a touch less spicy to enjoy it more. Oh, and rice noodles (aka the best kind of noodles)!

Pad Thai Noodle
113 Everett Rd
Albany, NY 12205
518-599-0211

No comments:

Post a Comment